This is my version of a bucket list, which I prefer to call my Wish List as it reflects my wish to be positive. It's a list of things I want to do before my time runs out. I appreciate any support to help towards my goals. I will continually add and remove things from my list as I have new goals, cross things off that I have done and remove things that are no longer possible or are no longer a goal of mine.
I would like......(in no particular order)
- To get a new electric wheelchair (Permobil F5 Corpus VS) to enable me to spend more time out of bed, to go out more, be more comfortable and supported properly and to regain a good quality of life. This chair will change my life beyond recognition. I will need to fundraise to pay for the chair, which comes with a hefty price tag, so any donations (big or small) or any fundraising events organised for this will be gratefully appreciated. A full fundraising strategy will soon get underway. Equally as much if you own or work for a company who could make a donation or organise a fundraising event at your workplace or for your workforce this would be absolutely amazing. Your company could have all the publicity you desire and I will write pieces, speak at events/meetings, appear in videos and recordings and in the media (in any form). Thank you.
- To have the house adapted so I can move about easier; so I have a fully accessible bedroom with a tracking hoist, room for a bed for mum (or for a friend to stay) and with a sterile medical preparation area for my TPN and IV medications, looking over the garden and with double doors out so I can have my bed wheeled out on the decking; so we can have an open plan kitchen/living room so I can access it all; and a bedroom and lounge area for my sister, the latter with a sofa bed for guests or carers to sleep. And a driveway that I can go out even when there are cars on our drive. This is my ultimate wish, and I would be eternally grateful to anyone who would donate their time (or funds) for this to happen. Read more here.
- To continue to make a difference, writing and speaking as often as I can
- To continue to be a voice for those who cannot speak for themselves
- To raise £10,000 for charity - the Pseudo Obstruction Research Trust or Dog A.I.D., or Together for Short Lives, ICPCN or Dreams Come True (so hard to choose!)
- To be able to walk and train Molly again and to pass all three assistance dog stages with Dog A.I.D.
- To have a piece of mine published in a major newspaper
- To meet the Prime Minister (or the Minister for Health) and educate him on EDS, pseudo-obstruction, intestinal failure and life limiting illnesses and the issues we face
- To make a documentary to raise awareness of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, pseudo-obstruction and intestinal failure (etc.)
- To write and have published my children's book ideas, including one about an 8 year old girl in a wheelchair and her assistance dog (on the back burner at the moment)
- To go on holiday to Norfolk and walk Molly on the beaches
- To learn to carriage drive
- To meet Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Sam Smith, Pixie Lott or Olly Murs, or an equestrian eventer such as Mary King, William Fox Pitt, Tina Cook or Pippa Funnell
- For mum, Molly and I to meet Paul O'Grady √ Achieved courtesy of Dreams Come True
- To have a career in writing (and speaking if possible)
- To have a column in a magazine or newspaper
- To go to Badminton or Burghley Horse Trials
- To go to America on a "trip of a lifetime" to meet some of my American friends